Cynthia feels privileged to mediate each and every case, and yours would be no exception. She has mediated well over a thousand cases, filed and pre-filed, federal and state, over 20+ years (full-time since 2008; part-time from 1990-2000), consistently helping to resolve over 90% of them. Although Cynthia specializes in employment-related mediation, she also has successfully mediated a variety of intellectual property and business disputes.
Cynthia has mediated every sort of employment-related claim, including:
- discrimination and harassment (including accommodation, interactive process, access, medical leaves);
- retaliation, whistle-blower, unfair business practices, public policy;
- wrongful termination, reductions-in-force, breach of contract, interference with economic advantage;
- wage and hour, benefits, equity plans; and
- privacy, defamation, false imprisonment, assault, battery, fraud.
In addition to drawing on her years of domestic and international employment litigation and ADR experience, Cynthia attributes her mediation success to a combination of preparation, collaboration, expertise, persistence, and a direct but respectful approach.
Cynthia mediates in her own full-time neutral practice and also serves on the American Arbitration Association’s mediation panel.
Cynthia recognizes that matching a mediator to a given matter can be challenging and critical to a successful outcome. Cynthia is pleased to help the parties determine if she is the right mediator and, if not, to recommend someone who might be a better fit.